nRF52840-MDK micropython/circuitpython flash succesful but no LED or REPL

I’ve tried flashing with all builds of circuitpython and micropython. The only one I got working was the prebuilt makerdiary hex from the nRF52832-mdk wiki. I am able to activate/deactivate bluetooth etc. with this build, but I fear that many features will not work as it is not the correct board it is built for.

I’ve flashed with both the drag-n-drop method and pyocd, neither works for the builds I’ve tried.

@thomasgrastein You can try this pre-built firmware. CIRCUITPY drive issue is fixed. https://github.com/makerdiary/nrf52840-mdk/tree/master/firmware

How did you fix the drive issue?

I am trying to build newer versions of CircuitPython (6.3 & 7.0) following your steps, but when I flash the MDK, no CIRCUITPY drive appears.

The precompiled hex from the MDK repo works, but I want to try newer versions of CP.

Hi,
According to the schematic, the QSPI CS pin should be P1.6. Just fix the mpconfigboard.h to make it work.

1 Like

This worked for 6.3.0! Thanks. I also tried with 7.0.0 but it did not work, unfortunately. I will try again when it is stable.

Also, this QSPI CS pin detail might be a change worth pushing upstream.